Edward Lalrempuia, a fashion consultant and stylist who has been an integral part of the Indian fashion industry for the last 12 years.
Born in Aizwal, Mizoram. Edward graduated from NIFT, New Delhi in 2005 and has been working in New Delhi and Mumbai ever since.
His collaborations extend to India’s best-known fashion magazines, styled editorials and campaigns and worked with talent Globally.
Post graduation, he worked as a fashion stylist with ELLE India for two years, and later joined Vogue India in 2007, where he was Fashion Editor till 2012.
Currently he is the Fashion Director at Harper’s Bazaar India.
Edward has also been Creative Director at www.perniaspopupshop.com, and has worked with Bollywood actors Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Priyanka Chopra, Sonam Kapoor and Kangana Ranaut.
In the last year, his portfolio has included campaigns for L’oreal, Pantene, Lakme, Raymond, Pepsi and fashion shows for Namrata Joshipura, Ashish Soni, Ritu Kumar and Kiran Uttam Ghosh.
He is currently represented by TAP | The Artists Project.
RAHUL VIJAY, 30, started his career in fashion eight years ago as an intern at Harpers Bazaar, New Delhi. His understanding of style and his keen eye for design and detaillanded him the position of Fashion Assistant soon after his internship. His tenure here was a stepping stone to a colourful journey that was to follow, marked with many high points of creative conquests and professional milestones. Soon after, he was appointed Assistant Fashion Editor at Harpers Bazaar, New Delhi, where he embarked on an adventurous trail of remarkable styling assignments in Paris, Milan, London, Sri Lanka, Ladakh and Bhutan. Having honed his design skills and experimented with several genres of fashion helped Rahul to establish his talent as a stylist, one to reckon with.
Having spent six fulfilling years at Harpers Bazaar in the capacity of Assistant Fashion Editor, he was now ready to take on bigger, better things. This came in the guise of a lucrative offer from ELLE India, who approached him to head their fashion team in Mumbai. In January 2017, Rahul moved cities and took responsibility as Fashion Editor for ELLE India. This journey proved equally gratifying as he was commissioned with crucial fashion assignments in New York, London and Melbourne, working with the best talent in production and photography.
As Fashion Editor he did not confine his talent and energy purely to fashion related work. His passion for the arts saw him styling some very relevant and contemporary stories, working with a power house of talent in the field of Music, Art, Literature, Dance and Photography. Some of his recent projects are listed below:
1) Rahul, along with his team at ELLE, was the first Indian publication to style world music icon Zayn Malik in a breath taking feature photographed in New York City.
2) Rahul compiled a story featuring Asian Indian artists in New York City such as Chitra Ganesh and ShaziaSikander for an in depth understanding of their art, craft and sensibilities.
3) Rahul collaborated with poet Rupi Kaur to present Elle India’s first illustrated fashion feature, infusing her poems with fashion.
4) As a part of the #MeToo movement, following which the colour black became synonymous with women empowerment, Rahul presented ballet dancer Pia Sutaria in a collection of black ensembles from some of India’s leading contemporary designers.
5) As a tribute to Prabuddha Das Gupta on his sixth death anniversary, Rahul collaborated with several of Indiasleading photographers to present their vision of freedom in commemoration of Prabuddha’s exemplary body of work.
• Rahul has also worked closely with leading personalities from Indian cinema like Farhan Akhtar, AnushkaSharma, Alia Bhatt, Shahid Kapur, Siddharth Malhotra, Sushant Singh Rajput, Rajkumar Rao, Aditi Rao Hydariand Sonakshi Sinha, producing some of the finest and most striking covers for ELLE India.
• His flair for styling hasn’t been confined only to actors but also writers. Columnist Twinkle Khanna, was presented beautifully for the first time ever at The Asiatic Library, Mumbai, endorsing his versatility as a visionary for style.
• He has also styled actors like Farhan Akhtar and debutant Banita Sandhu for red carpet appearances, lending his edgy yet classic sense of style to present them in a never seen before avatar.
• Rahul has styled several fashion shows and presentations working with the best talent in the industry, namely his recent work for Rajesh Pratap Singh for Lakme Fashion Week and Shahab Durazi for his installation in celebrating thirty years of Ensemble.
Rahul has come to be a name to reckon with in the field of fashion and specifically styling. His distinctive stamp to every project has positioned him as one of our leading contemporary stylists and he claims his best is yet to come.
Ekta Rajani is the Fashion Director of Grazia India, a leading monthly women’s fashion and lifestyle magazine in India. The original edition of Grazia was first published in 1938 in Italy by Mondadori and the Indian edition was launched in April, 2008, via a licensing agreement between Mondadori and WMM, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Times Group. Ekta is also an accomplished fashion stylist and has worked closely with the magazine industry, movies, celebrities as well as designers, brands and retailers in India and abroad.
Before moving to her current position with Grazia, Ekta was the Fashion Editor of Harper’s Bazaar, also one of India’s leading fashion publications.
Her prior positions include a managerial role for Design & Merchandising at BE:, a multi-brand retail boutique launched by Raymond Textiles and Retail India.
Within the film industry, in 2008 Ekta was a key member of the styling team for the highly acclaimed award winning movie “Fashion” written, directed and co-produced by Madhur Bhandarkar. She was instrumental in styling the lead actors Priyanka Chopra and Kangana Ranaut.
In her role with magazines, she has styled celebrities such as Freida Pinto, Deepika Padukone, Sonam Kapoor, Kalki Koechlin, Sonakshi Sinha, Anushka Sharma, Alia Bhatt, Shraddha Kapoor, Jacqueline Fernandez, Kriti Sanon, Farhan Akhtar, Ranveer Singh, John Abraham, Sushant Singh Rajput and many more.
Ekta has also been involved in styling commercial campaigns/fashion videos and consulting on brand/ design projects for clients such as The Collective, a retail subsidiary of Madura Fashion & Lifestyle, Bungalow 8, Sanjay Garg, Vizyon, Tarun Tahiliani, Taj Magazine, Aashni & Co, Odel, Sri Lanka, L’Oreal Paris, Anita Dongre Bride, Tara Jewellers, Tres Mode, Gehna Jewellers, and Turquoise and Gold among others.
In her spare time, Ekta practices yoga and loves to travel.
Joyeeta Kar is a Creative Director, Stylist and Educator based in Mumbai, India. Trained from Pearl Academy, New Delhi and Domus Academy, Milan, Joyeeta today creates fashion and advertising campaigns, editorials and videos. She works closely with brands like NBA, Lakme Fashion Week to name a few, to visualize their creative identity.