Application Deadline:- The last date for sending your GenNext designer program application is 23rd August 2021
- GenNext Designer Program is one of the most coveted designer talent discovery programs globally that has been the launch pad of some of the most sought-after names today in the Indian fashion industry.
- In the past 31 seasons, 275 designers have made their debut under the ‘GenNext’ designer program.
- Alumni of this program includes illustrious names such as Aneeth Arora of Pero, Kallol Datta, Masaba Gupta, and Rahul Mishra, among many others. Some of the emerging young designers who have enjoyed success immediately after their GenNext launch include names such as Amit Vijaya & Richard Pandav of Amrich, Bodice by Ruchika Sachdeva, Ujjawal Dubey of Antar-Agni, Ragini Ahuja of Ikai, Kunal Rawal and many more.
- GenNext Designer Program is an exclusive opportunity to access a strong national and international audience of buyers, media and VIPs of the fashion industry attending FDCI x Lakmé Fashion Week.
- GenNext Designer Program gives a chosen designer the privilege to be mentored and groomed by leading authorities in the Indian fashion industry for their launch show at FDCI x Lakmé Fashion Week.
- GenNext Designer Program has established itself as one of India’s most definitive fashion platforms, enabling India to integrate with the global fashion industry.
- Applicant's label/company should be under three years in the business.
- Applicants must demonstrate solid work experience at fashion houses/retail stores or in any creative capacity in the fashion industry.
- To qualify, all applicants must present credentials and designs under menswear (ready to wear) or womenswear (ready to wear) categories or both.
- GenNext Designer Program at Lakmé Fashion Week is a platform for young Indian designers to conceptualize imaginative, original and thought provoking ‘story based’ collections for a discerning fashion audience in India and globally.
- GenNext applicant must demonstrate innovation with materials and techniques as well as their creative process and methodology towards conceptualizing the collection.
- GenNext applicant must use relevant materials for translating a strong concept into an artistic composition of form, shape, colour, pattern, print, embroidery and weave. The chosen elements should be thoughtfully presented in a balanced manner, with self-driven critical judgment on the scale between excess and minimalism.
- GenNext applicant must question and challenge conventional norms in Indian fashion and push the boundaries for creative experimentation and exploration using design techniques from fashion apparel, textile or other relevant creative disciplines such as art, film making, music, sculpture, etc.
- GenNext applicant must demonstrate qualitative obsession with fundamental parameters of construction of the samples such as craftsmanship, tailoring, detailing and finishing.
- Overall, a GenNext applicant must showcase clarity in vision for the label through its aesthetic and design philosophy, concept of the proposed collection and execution.
The GenNext Designer Program is presented by INIFD, an official sponsor at LFW.
All designers who wish to apply for the GenNext designer program must do the following steps:
Fill the online GenNext registration form - "CLICK HERE"
Part 1 – PRESENTATION
- Download the power point presentation template "CLICK HERE".
- Fill in the power point presentation of 7 slides only with your label information, sketches and pictures of your designs- strictly as per instructions mentioned in the slides.
- DO NOT tamper with the presentation format, there is no need for special effects/visuals
- Please mention “GenNext - *insert designer label name*” in SUBJECT LINE
- Please do not submit physical samples.
- Kindly refer to the Guidance note BELOW for submission of presentation and Pictures / Sketches
Part 2 - VIDEO
- Share a high resolution Video of both the ensembles submitted in the presentation in part 1.
- The duration of the video showcasing both the ensembles should be under 30 – 40 seconds.
- The video can be shot on a Model, Dummy or Mannequin.
- The video should feature both the ensembles in their original state in terms of colour and clarity while focusing on the minute detailing, techniques, prints, embroidery as well as a 360-degree view of each ensemble.
Kindly note the last date for submission of the presentation & Video is 23rd August 2021
Phase Two (for applicants who are selected in Phase One)
- Once an applicant has filled the registration form and emailed the presentation, this will be reviewed and the candidate will be notified via email.
- Mentoring session: A Video call with the shortlisted applicant will be conducted, the designer will take the LFW representative through the brand identity and details of the collection to be showcased at LFW and feedback will be provided for the same.
GUIDANCE NOTES FOR SUBMISSION OF PRESENTATION
- The collection submitted should not be showcased elsewhere.
- Designers should submit their original work and avoid any attempt towards plagiarism.
- Any kind of inspiration used in the theme/collection should be explicitly mentioned.
- The two samples submitted in the presentation should clearly highlight the theme of the collection.
- Designers should mention only 3 important recognitions/achievements till date in a chronological order in the presentation.
GUIDELINES FOR PICTURES/SKETCHES
- Pictures of the 2 garment samples submitted in the presentation should be clear and of high quality.
- In case the images cannot be professionally shot, the Pictures of the 2 garment samples can be shot on a model, dummy or mannequin against a plain white or black background.
- Avoid shooting the garments on hangers.
- Pictures of the samples on a model/ dummy /mannequin should be styled appropriately and should indicate the right placement in case of an accessory used.
- In-case collection carries separates like trousers, tops or jackets, the pictures should clearly indicate the complete look.
- Designers should provide high quality sketches in the presentation.
- All applications for GenNext Designer Program are screened and examined by a panel of industry veterans. The final Jury selection will be held virtually.
- The final selection is based on the designer's quality, innovation, marketability, originality and ability to legitimately take their business to the next level.
Application Deadline:- The last date for sending your ‘GenNext’ application is 23rd August 2021
For further information please contact: